Thursday, July 28, 2005

I just bought a cell phone. Dammit.

I've been avoiding this like the plague forever and a day. I am constantly irritated by people chattering on their cell phones, speaking in loud voices about absolutely nothing. Conversations like "So what are you doing now? Oh really? I am walking to class. What are you going to do tonight? I think I am going to stay home and watch The OC." And then there are the a-holes at the airport who talk really loud about really specific things about their jobs: "Yes, we need to work that client and get a higher royalty payment. Can you check with Amber and see that we have the TPS report first thing Monday morning? Crap, my flight is boarding so I'll call you when I get into Moline."

What a bunch of useless and nonsensical crap. I don't have a problem with people yacking on their phones- I do have a problem with them making it my business. Hell, I consider this to be "smoking into the airwaves."

Leave me out of it.

No comments: