Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tony Alamo and his stand up act

If you do reprint, please include this copyright and registration:
The Tony Alamo Christian Ministries Worldwide is a division of Music Square Church, Inc.

© Copyright 1984 All rights reserved World Pastor Tony Alamo ® Registered 1984


Well, now that I figured out how to do this stuff - note the publish date is Oct 2003 ... but I *just* posted this about two minutes ago on July 25, 2005.

OK - where to start? A few weeks ago I got something on my car windshield that made me laugh a bit. You see, I got one of those 'come to Jesus' tracts. This one was beyond the pale, however. I noted a lot of anti-Catholic and anti-papal references. There were also allusions to the US Govt being closet Zionists, in league with the Vatican. And some statements implying that the US Govt was a direct puppet and fully under the control of the Vatican. (Don't ask whether this makes any sense - I am just reporting the facts, ma'am.)

Anyway, I scan through the four pages of ranting and raving ... and came to the name of Tony Alamo. The name seemed familiar enough. I did a quick search on the web and it all came back to me. This guy has been around since the 1970s. He made a bundle in the late 70s and early 80s selling these VERY gaudy denim jackets that were very popular with B-list celebrities - as a kid in SoCal during the same time, I remember him being in the news a lot. (Surprisingly enough, the jackets still command a premium.) Anyway, he is the same guy repsonsible for this tract that was left on my car when I was in San Diego in the late 1980s. It was titled "The Fugitive Pope" and was a three column, four page rant on Pope John Paul II and his control of the US Govt, etc. See a pattern here? If I can find it (I saved it - it made me laugh quite a bit), I'll scan it and post it here.

Over and out.

No comments: